water furnace thermostat instructions
A patented control thermostat for heating systems is a must-have for your home. It helps you conserve energy and money, saves effort and time by automatically fixing the problem when there’s an issue, and offers more comfort with a precise temperature setting.
This article provides water furnace thermostat instructions to help you install one of these smart units in your home.
This is the introduction to the section on water furnace thermostat instructions.
In this article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to set up your water furnace thermostat. We will be going over the setup of an electronic water heater with an inbuilt thermostat.
1) Turn off the power and unplug your water heater from the electrical outlet
2) Locate the mounting plate for your new thermostat with four screws
4) Remove them and attach the new thermostat
5) Plug in your water heater and turn it back on
6) Locate where your wires are for each terminal (L, C, RH, R)
7) Remove any wire that is not connected to a terminal using a pair of pliers
Here are the instructions on how to install a new water heater thermostat.
1) Shut the power to the water heater and test that you have no electricity by turning on a nearby light and looking for sparks or other signs of electrical activity.
2) Open the cabinet door below the water heater and look for an electrical box.
3) Disconnect the wires from their terminals if they’re attached to screws or nuts. If they’re connected with wire nuts, remove them by cutting off one wire at a time close to its attachment point, being careful not to damage any surrounding wires in the process.
4) Remove the old thermostat from its bracket at least 4 inches from where it’s mounted.
5) Position the new thermostat so it’s right next to the mount bracket, and then attach it using the screws that came with your installation kit. When attaching, make sure that the bracket is level with the outlet pipe and screw holes match up before tightening the screws securely