Goodman furnace keeps shutting down
Goodman furnaces are a popular option in many homes. Unfortunately, this means that problems can arise, leading to costly repairs.
A recent issue for Goodman users is with the furnace shutting down. There are several reasons why this could happen, so it is important to look into the root cause before starting repairs or buying a new furnace.
1) The most common reason a Goodman furnace will shut down is that it has reached its set limit and needs more time before continuing to operate.
2) Low oil levels or dirty filters can also lead to such an occurrence.
3) In some cases, there may be an electrical problem with the unit that will need professional attention right away.
4) You can try on your own by switching it back on after waiting five minutes and seeing if it has reset itself- in some cases, this works! If not, then you’ll want to call in a professional ASAP!
Every home needs a good heat source. In this article, let’s look at what could be the problem and how to fix it if you’re experiencing it.
If your Goodman furnace keeps shutting down, check the power coming into the furnace to see if there is voltage fluctuation. If there is, contact an electrician to check for possible issues with your home’s wiring or infrastructure.
If there are no fluctuations in power and the goodman furnace keeps shutting down, it could be time for a tune-up!
The furnace may shut down when there’s an issue with the temperature. This shuts off the gas and electricity in the furnace in order to avoid a fire or an explosion. If this is happening, check these things first:
1) Check that there are no obstructions near your furnace – such as furniture, rugs, clothing or trash- this can inhibit airflow, which can lead to the unit shutting down.
2) Check for leaks by looking for gas smells or natural gas odours in your home. If you smell gas, get out of your house and call 911 from a safe distance away from your property.
3) Sometimes, a goodman furnace will shut down and not restart. These include:
-When it is below freezing outside
-If there is a loose wire connection
-If you have a power outage
“Inspections, Installations, Repairs & Maintenance”