How to fix f2 error on the viessmann boiler
F2 error is a common error that typically occurs on Viessmann boilers. It happens when the heating element and combustion chamber are disconnected. Below are the steps for fixing this issue:
1. Check if the boiler is turned off, open the circuit breaker of the heating element and remove any obstacle from its path
2. In case it still does not work, disconnect both heating elements from each other by twisting their base terminals in a clockwise direction
3. Reconnect the heating element to its circuit and close the circuit breaker
4. Reconnect both combustion chambers to their respective outlets
5. Reconnect the boiler to a power source
You may have seen an error message like this when you tried to run the viessmann boiler’s diagnostic program. If your boiler seems cured and you still see this error, there may be something wrong with your controller.
This is one of the most frequent errors that users encounter in Viessmann boilers, and they can easily be fixed by replacing the faulty thermocouple.
If your boiler is on 24/7 and you are getting f2 errors constantly, they may indicate a problem in the controller itself.
This is a guide to help you fix the error f2 on the viessmann boiler.
You can take some steps to prevent this error from coming back in the future.
“Inspections, Installations, Repairs & Maintenance”