Lennox, a renowned name in the HVAC industry, manufactures a wide range of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) products designed to deliver comfort and efficiency. Each of these products is identified by a unique model number, which contains valuable information about its specifications and features. In this comprehensive guide, we will unravel the mystery behind Lennox HVAC model numbers for various product categories, providing you with the knowledge you need to make informed decisions about your HVAC system.
Deciphering Lennox HVAC Model Numbers
Lennox HVAC model numbers are alphanumeric codes that consist of letters and numbers. Each component of the model number represents specific information about the product. Here’s how to decode a typical Lennox HVAC model number:
Let’s take the example model number “XC25-036-230-03” and break it down:
- Product Series (XC25): The first part of the model number signifies the product series or category. In this case, “XC25” represents a premium air conditioner.
- Capacity (036): This segment indicates the cooling capacity of the unit in BTUs (British Thermal Units) per hour. In this example, the unit has a cooling capacity of 36,000 BTU/hr.
- Voltage (230): The third part denotes the voltage requirements for the unit. In this case, “230” signifies that the unit operates on 230 volts.
- Product Version (03): The final digits indicate the product version or series within the model category. Different versions may have variations in features or efficiency levels.
Lennox HVAC Model Numbers by Product Category
Now, let’s explore Lennox HVAC model numbers for different product categories and provide more detailed information:
1. Lennox Air Conditioners:
- XC25 Series (Premium): Model numbers in this series typically start with “XC” followed by a numeric code. The higher the number, the greater the cooling capacity and efficiency. For example, “XC20-048-230-01” is a 48,000 BTU/hr unit with a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 20.
- SL18XC1 Series (High-Efficiency): These models start with “SL” and are known for their high SEER ratings and advanced features. For instance, “SL18XC1-036-230-02” is a 36,000 BTU/hr unit with a SEER of 18.
2. Lennox Furnaces:
- SLP98V Series (Premium): Model numbers in this series begin with “SLP” and represent high-efficiency gas furnaces. For example, “SLP98V-060E110X60” is a 60,000 BTU/hr unit with a modulating gas valve for precise control.
- EL296V Series (High-Efficiency): These models start with “EL” and offer excellent efficiency and comfort. “EL296V-070E135X60” denotes a 70,000 BTU/hr unit with a variable-speed blower.
3. Lennox Heat Pumps:
- XP25 Series (Premium): Model numbers for premium heat pumps start with “XP.” For example, “XP25-036-230-05” is a 36,000 BTU/hr unit with a high HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) of 9.7.
- XP16 Series (High-Efficiency): These models begin with “XP” followed by a numeric code. “XP16-024-230-03” represents a 24,000 BTU/hr unit with a SEER of 17.2.
- LGP Packaged Units: Lennox packaged units combine heating and cooling in one. Model numbers such as “LGP-036-230-01” indicate a 36,000 BTU/hr unit with a SEER of 14.5.
5. Lennox Air Handlers:
- CBX32MV Series: Model numbers for air handlers like “CBX32MV-036-230-6” include the capacity, voltage, and version details.
6. Lennox Boilers (CBWMV):
- CBWMV Series: Lennox boilers have model numbers like “CBWMV-150-035-230-3,” indicating a 150,000 BTU/hr unit with 95% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency).
Understanding Lennox HVAC model numbers is crucial when choosing or servicing your HVAC equipment. It helps you select the right unit for your needs and ensures compatibility with other components. If you need assistance with Lennox HVAC products or have questions about model numbers, ROMA Services is here to provide expert support and help you achieve optimal comfort and efficiency in your home.